Friday, August 31, 2007

A Summer Gone By...

Well, it's been a few months and much could be said about a completely (seemingly) dismal summer. The weather, here in the New Hampshire/Maine East Coast area has been one of the mildest ones on record.

I ended up mowing my grass only three times due to the very slow growth. There just wasn't enough heat, along with precipitation to get the growth. Well, that said, I don't mind that temperatures have been somewhat on the mild side... seeing my office is still lacking the modern amenity of AC! That' OK... it's on the way... so, they say!

Just turning 42, on August 25th, brings me closer to the reality that I better do something about the topic of retirement! My T Rowe price statement tells me to throw more in! I just may seeing the growth fund, along with employer contributions, netted over 16%! That's a good annual return on the green back... Just keeping your investment up with inflation is a major challenge... perhaps why so many have gone to Gold!


I did want to do a quick note about my new (fad) hobby of electric helicopters! In my quest to find the best value (cheapest) in a radio-controlled heli has let me to now purchase (and return) three different models.

My first purchase (impulse) was when I got some B-day money in hand and was enticed at national Drug Store chain shelve. Hey, $20... I can afford that! Oh, don't forget the batteries, to a tune of an additional $12! It has problems, like no left and right control, so, it's going back.

I then when to one of those large nation Toy Store chains to only have to return that one (tree times the cost), but the batteries were included!


So, finally, I found a great entry level four channel heli called the ESky Co-co Lama 3! Besides it being a much better controlled unit, it has batteries that can be replaced on the fly and spare parts! It's a true 4 channel that has a servo to control the "swash" That's when the rotors are tipped forward to go in that6 direction! Beats all the others I tried hands-down.


I won't even mention the micro-mosquito I bought at Radio-Shack (returning it tonight)!

No comments: