Monday, February 04, 2008

Our Intended Destinations

If you've just happened to come across this post, then I thank you for your limited time. Seems to me that the popularity of Blogs are directly proportionate to the attention span of the average web surfer…. No, that’s NOT including you… as you have refined taste and most likely an interest in Robert Goulet!

Well, what can we say? Robert Goulet died an untimely death and in a most horrific fashion… by an attack on his respiratory system, the very vehicle that delivered his golden vocals to a world that will fill such a vacuum in no time soon.

Personally, I think that this site will be further developed to a more personal approach… still paying a healthy respect to ‘all things Robert Goulet’, but with more emphasis on my family and it’s typical issues that just may capture someone’s interest.

I can recall the time when I was taking my first venture beyond the boarders of the cozy New England states to chase an old flame in Florida. Well, there was a double purpose… one being to meet my GREAT Uncle Robert Goulet, of whom my father Robert Goulet never spoke of. Since he never mentioned his uncle (my Grand Father’s Brother), I was intrigued. He was a man of formidable reputation, such as the United Ways Chief Officer for the State of Florida (retired) as well as a retired Major for the US Army. There’s nothing skimpy about this life’s work and it made me very proud to be a ‘Goulet’.

When I did have the opportunity to ask if he in fact personally know THE Robert Goulet, he stated that they met in Vegas and received yearly tickets to see Camelot, one of Robert’s big plays. Well, that was over 10 years ago and I’ve never spoken with them since…

Time has a way of floating us down the river. It’s up to us to keep up with the current while not forgetting where we came from, if we hope to make it to our intended destination!

No comments: