Thursday, February 21, 2008

STOP The Caller ID Fraud!

Well, it finally happened and we're not to please with it. Our private UNLISTED telephone

number has become victim to some tele-marketings unhanded scheme. What I'm referring to is the annoyance of having hundreds of UNsolicited calls being made with your personal number in the Call ID display! It's called Caller ID spoofing and it's big biz!

So, if you want to know more about what is going on with that and to better educate oneself we have setup up a blog at www.calleridfraud.info. It was very bad last week where we getting over 50 calls per hour! Even though it has trickled down to 5 or so an hour I still cannot turn my answering machine back on.

I actally change my answering machine to give the caller an explaination as to how they got my personal number and then point to my new blogs url. Oh, and I have to tell family frients to call my cell - if they know it!

We have alot more info and details as to the law about this at Caller Id Fraud blog!

Later,
Rob

No comments: